Monday, November 15, 2010

Taylor's present.

Thanks again to all his friends and family who made Taylor's birthday present happen. He absolutetly loved it!
If you do not know what I am talking about, I made him a magazine that was completely about him!!! I must admit I am not the genius who came up with this idea. In fact, I got it from here
I asked his friends and family to send me a favorite memory they had with Taylor and I then typed it up to look like an article in the magazine and included a picture of the two of them.  I also created few ads and some pages wtih pictures and such. I then bought his favorite magazine (a snowboarding one of course) and just added my pages on top (leaving some of the original articles in there to be read as well).  I got my pages printed on a special paper that looks just like the magazine pages and it turned out way better than I had expected! 

Here is the cover that I created for it:

Of course a letter from the editor (ME!) talking about the "November issue": 

And an example of an article (thanks again Garrett, and Taylor thought you wouldn't mind if I shared...): 
Ok, so I did a lot more fun stuff but you get the idea.  It was so much fun to make and the perfect gift! The only problem is I'm already trying to figure out if there is anything that can top that next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment