Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!

Like a few other things I didn't get around to doing before 2012 came, I have been wanting to make sugar cookies with the girl for a while now. So to celebrate the start of the new year we made them this morning and then ate them for lunch :) My plan was to start off this year doing something a little bit different on my blog. I was planning on trying to post just one picture every single day that captured a glimpse of the day. I liked the sound of it but then once I started editing the pictures it was too hard to pick just one. And on top I would be editing a bunch of pictures anyways so I might as well show them off to you!


It was all wonderful until I told her she needed to stop sneaking tastes of the raw dough (like she was doing in the picture above).

She resorted to licking the rolling pin in an attempt to get a little taste I suppose :)


It took a little while to fill our pans because she insisted on helping me carefully pick up the shapes to set on the cookie sheet:

But we finally filled them up.

And while they cooked she ate up every last crumb on the countertop :)

I would say her first sugar cookie experience was pretty successful. I did burn about half the cookies but we wouldn't have been able to eat them all anyways...
 I of course have a ton of pictures from december I never posted so I will try to get a few up within the next couple of days. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well!

1 comment: